1.9 Release Testing!!!

Daniel Kayiwa-2 Daniel Kayiwa-2

Report Content as Inappropriate

1.9 Release Testing!!!

Greetings to everyone!!!

Going from release candidate to full release requires the system to be formally tested by at least two or more implementations. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Release+Process
So please help us release 1.9 soon by either:
  1. Download and install the Release Testing Helper module (temporarily) on the production machine that contains the database you want to test the new OpenMRS version against.
  2. Get a standalone version of the OpenMRS version you would like to test. (You can run this anywhere that can access your production machine via the network.)
  3. The first time you run the standalone, choose the Expert Mode option, and then the Testing installation type. Enter the URL of your production server, plus a username and password for a user on that server.

At this point the new OpenMRS will automatically fetch 100 patients worth of data from your production machine, as well as all its module omod files. Details can be found at: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Release+Testing+Helper+Module

OR

Download the war file and upgrade your OpenMRS in a test environment as per the details at: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Upgrading+OpenMRS

Then report back about successes or failures.

Thanks again for your great contribution!!!!

Daniel Kayiwa
On Behalf of the OpenMRS community

--
The greatest want of the world is the want of men—men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.

James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 1.9 Release Testing!!!

I have done the following testing of OpenMRS Version: 1.9.0 RC3 Build 26871.  Any problems/errors are noted (with tickets).

1.)    Installed the war file.

2.)    Ran the database updates.

3.)    Logged into OpenMRS.

4.)    Noticed no modules running, and notice waiting acknowledgement. HTML-336

5.)    Search by Identifier

6.)    Search by Patient name

7.)    Open patient dashboard

8.)    Delete relationship

9.)    Add relationship

10.) Add start/end date to relationships. TRUNK-3293

11.) Added patient to a program.

12.) Added completion date

13.) Add / change program states

14.) Add/Stop/Delete a regimen.

15.) Add additional regimens. TRUNK-3294

That’s as far as I have gotten on this round of testing.  Unfortunately, I will be out for the next week so won’t be able to test further in the near future.  I figured partial testing results might help you meet your goal.

There are still some issues with the Facility Data Module (see FACILITY-14) which will prevent us from using OpenMRS 1.9 in production at this time.

Thanks,

James

James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 1.9 Release Testing!!!

I have continued my testing of OpenMRS 1.9 RC3 with the following.  Any problems/errors are noted (with ticket numbers).

1.)    Search for Concepts by name/number

2.)    Download the concept dictionary in CSV format

3.)    Create/Edit/Retire/Unretire/Delete Concepts

4.)    Add/Remove concept Mappings

5.)    Add new concept Reference Terms from concept creation page

6.)    Add/Retire/Delete Forever Reference Terms from Administration

7.)    Add/Retire Concept Sources

8.)    View retired or Unretire Concept Sources TRUNK-1934

9.)    Add/Edit/Delete Concept classes (note, won’t allow to delete classes that are in use)

10.) Derive Concept Sets

11.) Update Concept Index

12.) Refresh Scheduler tasks

13.) Add/Edit/Retire/Purge Visit Types

14.) Unretire Visit Types TRUNK-3330

15.) Edit Patient Identifier Types

16.) Add a new patient

17.) Use an automatic ID from MRNGEN module

18.) Create a new person from new patient form/dashboard TRUNK-3331, TRUNK-3332

19.) Take a patient photo from the dashboard Patient Image tab

20.) Fill out/Submit an HTML Form

21.) Delete an HTML form

22.) Unvoid an encounter TRUNK-3333

23.) Edit an HTML form

24.) Manage providers TRUNK-3334

25.) Add/Edit/Retire/Purge Provider Attribute Types TRUNK-3335

26.) Run Reporting Module reports

27.) Remove Indicators from a report

28.) Create/Edit/Preview/Delete Cohort queries

29.) Create/Edit/Preview/Delete Indicators

30.) Add/Remove/Edit indicators on Indicator Report

31.) Add/Edit/Delete Report Designs

32.) Add/Edit/Delete/Preview Dataset Definitions

33.) Basic Cohort Builder usage

34.) Add/Edit/Generate data exports

35.) Save/Delete patient searches

36.) Save/Delete cohorts

37.) Run/Create/Edit a BIRT report BIRT-103

38.) Duplicate a form

39.) Add/Remove items from form schema

40.) Create an XForm

41.) Enter/view data from the dashboard using the xform

The only bug that would make me consider not releasing OpenMRS 1.9 RC3 would be “Unvoid an encounter”, TRUNK-3333

I would like to propose an OpenMRS University or Implementers call on the new Mappings in OpenMRS 1.9. It could explain the relationships and reference terms.  It could also explain what the Manage Concept Stop Words are.  Or maybe you could point me to a reference to these things on the wiki.

Thanks,

James

Daniel Kayiwa-2 Daniel Kayiwa-2

Report Content as Inappropriate