18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

12
Michael Downey Michael Downey

18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Congratulations to the 18 students selected by OpenMRS to participate
in Google Summer of Code™ this year! A total of 1,122 students were
selected to participate with 180 different open source projects.

As the organization administrators for the program, we are thrilled to
announce our 6th and largest year of participation yet in the annual
event graciously sponsored by Google. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed
participating in this great program in the last 5 years and are even
more excited about the students, projects and mentors that are
participating this year. Coding for OpenMRS is a great way for
university students to practice coding skills and at the same time
help benefit people in developing countries who are on the front lines
of the battle against HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, and other public health
challenges.

Please extend your congratulations and a welcome to the following
students & new OpenMRS contributors:

* Apurv Mehra: Configurable Clinical Summary (mentors Nyoman Ribeka &
Saptarshi Purkayastha)
* Deepa Ganu: Patient Summary Import and Export (mentors Jan Flowers &
Jim Sibley)
* Dmitry Krivenko: Logging Errors to the Database (mentors Wyclif
Luyima & Suranga Kasthurirathne)
* Gautam Nichlani: Personal Health Record Module Enhancement (mentors
Hui Xiao & Rajib Sengupta)
* Goutham Vasireddi: Filtering Forms on Dashboard (mentors Daniel
Kayiwa & Jeremy Keiper)
* Harsha Siriwardena: Better Error Submission Process for FDBK Module
(mentors Gaurav Paliwal & Ben Wolfe)
* Ishara Premadasa: HTML Form Entry Module Enhancements (mentors Mark
Goodrich & Dave Thomas)
* Jibesh Patra: Images & Files in HTML Form Entry (mentors Saptarshi
Purkayastha & Mark Goodrich)
* Jordan Kellerstrass: Merge Concepts Module (mentors Glen McCallum &
Janet Riley)
* Michael Aro: Re-implement BIRT Module (mentors Justin Miranda & Mike Seaton)
* Mykola Vorobey: In-page Localization (mentors Burke Mamlin & Rafal
Korytkowski)
* Nadeeshani Hewage: Database Synchronization (mentors Mike Seaton &
Justin Miranda)
* Nimantha Baranasuriya: Patient Dashboard Tabs Loaded via AJAX
(mentors Jeremy Keiper & Wyclif Luyima)
* Pulasthi Mahawithana: De-duplication User Experience (mentors
Suranga Kasthurirathne & Judy Wawira)
* Pushkar Ravipati: Anatomical Drawing (mentors Ben Wolfe & Roger Friedman)
* Sandeep Joshi: Human Resources Module (mentors Sai Manohar Nethi &
Roger Friedman)
* Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
* SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)

Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
projects.

[0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012

Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

ishara premadasa ishara premadasa

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi,

Thank you very much OpenMRS for the warm welcome and eagerly looking forward in working with my project.

Many congratulations to all the fellow interns who joined with OpenMRS GSoC 2012 this summer.

Thanks!
- Ishara

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Michael Downey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Best Regards.

Ishara Premadasa,
Final Year Undergraduate,
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka.

Rahul Akula Rahul Akula

Dmitry Krivenko Dmitry Krivenko

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi!
Thank you!!!
I'm happy to be one of accepted students!
My congratulations to the other 17 students!!!

2012/4/24 Rahul Akula <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Robby O'Connor Robby O'Connor

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Don't disappoint! :D

On 4/23/2012 11:52 PM, äÍÉÔÒÉÊ ëÒÉ×ÅÎËÏ wrote:

> Hi!
> Thank you!!!
> I'm happy to be one of accepted students!
> My congratulations to the other 17 students!!!
>
> 2012/4/24 Rahul Akula<[hidden email]>:
>> Hi ,
>>
>>           Congrats to all students who have been selected for GSOC 2012 , you
>>   people will have fun working :)
>>
>> -Thanks
>> Rahul Akula
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM, ishara premadasa<[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thank you very much OpenMRS for the warm welcome and eagerly looking
>>> forward in working with my project.
>>>
>>> Many congratulations to all the fellow interns who joined with OpenMRS
>>> GSoC 2012 this summer.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> - Ishara

>>> --
>>> Best Regards.
>>>
>>> Ishara Premadasa,
>>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>>> Dept. of Computer Science&  Engineering,
>>> University of Moratuwa
>>> Sri Lanka.
>>> http://isharapremadasa.blogspot.com

> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]

Nimantha Baranasuriya Nimantha Baranasuriya

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Thanks a lot for the welcome :) I am really happy to be a part of GSOC 2012 with OpenMRS. Looking forward to an exciting summer!

Congrats and all the best to other participants too!!

Regards,
Nimantha

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Дмитрий Кривенко <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Nimantha Baranasuriya
Web: http://www.nimantha.info
Blog: http://www.nimantha.info/blog

Nadeeshani Hewage Nadeeshani Hewage

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi all,

Thanks Downey, thanks OpenMRS! I'm glad I got selected! Many congratulations to everyone who worked hard for projects and won the opportunity to code. Looking forward for an effective summer along with OpenMRS!!!

Cheers
Nadee

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Nimantha Baranasuriya <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa

Apurv Mehra Apurv Mehra

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the welcome !!
I'm really excited to be working with OpenMRS this summer.

Congratulations to all the other interns :)

Regards,
Apurv

> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Apurv Mehra

Michael Aro Michael Aro

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Wow. I am extremely delighted to be selected to contribute to an open source software project and OpenMRS. This is really good for myself. I guess that is good for y'all as well. I am not sure. haha. Good thanks to the team at OpenMRS and Google. ;)

M.

Mykola Vorobey Mykola Vorobey

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Thanks!
It's a huge honour for me to get such chance to spend this summer with an excellent OpenMRS community!

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Apurv Mehra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

harshadura harshadura

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi all GSoC-Mates,

Thanks again for the welcome Downey.

Feeling really glad that I have been selected for GSoC 2012 and got a great opportunity to contribute OpenMRS.
Looking forward to have some exciting summer with OpenMRS.

Congrats once again to all my fellow gsoc students of OpenMRS and wish you all the best to accomplish the upcoming project works.

Regards,
harshadura

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Apurv Mehra <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Harsha Siriwardena [harshadura]
Blog : www.harshadura.net
Robby O'Connor Robby O'Connor

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Congrats and they are a great bunch of people!

--rob

On 4/24/2012 2:43 AM, Mykola Vorobey wrote:
> [...]

>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
>> University of Moratuwa
>> Sri Lanka.
>> http://isharapremadasa.blogspot.com

Nimantha Baranasuriya
Web: http://www.nimantha.info
Blog: http://www.nimantha.info/blog

Regards,
Apurv Mehra

Robby O'Connor Robby O'Connor

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Congrats =)

Use this time to get familiar with the codebase and maybe organize a meetup with your fellow students in your region =)

--rob

On 4/24/2012 2:46 AM, Harsha Siriwardena wrote:
> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor
>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not
>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Jibesh Jibesh

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I hope that coming summer is going to be fun & I will be learning new things and making new friends.
Congrats to all my fellow GSOC students.
--
Jibesh Patra

M Tech. (Computer Science & Eng.)
NIT Durgapur, India

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Robby O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor

>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not

>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
>> University of Moratuwa
>> Sri Lanka.
>> http://isharapremadasa.blogspot.com

Regards,
Apurv Mehra

Robby O'Connor Robby O'Connor

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Welcome to the community!!!

Pulasthi Mahawithana Pulasthi Mahawithana

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi all,

Thanks Downey, Robby and all others in the OpenMRS community for the warm welcome. And congratulations to all the fellow GSoC students at OpenMRS.

Looking forward to work with you all in the summer.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Robby O'Connor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>> * Sri Maurya Kummamuru: Dynamic List Entry Tags and Widgets (mentors
>>> Steven Githens & Darius Jazayeri)
>>> * SriHarsha Pamu: Metadata Sharing Server Project (mentors Rafal
>>> Korytkowski & Glen McCallum)
>>>
>>> Finally, stay tuned to our Summer of Code 2012 wiki page [0] for
>>> updates on the program’s progress and information about all 18
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> [0] http://go.openmrs.org/soc2012
>>>
>>> Michael Downey & Robby O’Connor

>>> OpenMRS Organization Administrators for Google Summer of Code

>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not

>>> the subject) of your e-mail.
>>>
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards.
>>
>> Ishara Premadasa,
>> Final Year Undergraduate,
>> Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,

Undergraduate,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Congratulations to all of the new members.

One question, if we wanted to make a suggestion for one or more of these projects, what's the best place to do it, here on the email list or on the wiki page of the project?

For example, I'd like to make a suggestion for the configurable clinical summary, is this page https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Configurable+Clinical+Summary the right one where to do it?

Thanks,

Joaquín
Gerente de Desarrollo, eHealth Systems
Research Fellow, Escuela de Medicina de Harvard
Moderador, GHDOnline.org

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Michael Downey <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Joaquín,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Joaquín Blaya
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> One question, if we wanted to make a suggestion for one or more of these
> projects, what's the best place to do it, here on the email list or on the
> wiki page of the project?

If it's a specific question about the project, you can always make a
comment on a wiki page. But as usual if it's something that could
benefit from public discussion, this mailing list is the best venue.

Cheers,
Michael

Dawn Smith Dawn Smith

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Congratulations!!!!  :)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> One question, if we wanted to make a suggestion for one or more of these
> projects, what's the best place to do it, here on the email list or on the
> wiki page of the project?

If it's a specific question about the project, you can always make a
comment on a wiki page. But as usual if it's something that could
benefit from public discussion, this mailing list is the best venue.

Cheers,
Michael

Sincerely,

Dawn C. Smith, MPH, CHES
Project Coordinator for OpenMRS
O: +1 317-423-5583

Wyclif Luyima-2 Wyclif Luyima-2

Re: 18 Students Selected by OpenMRS for Google Summer of Code 2012

Congratulations guys.

Wyclif

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> One question, if we wanted to make a suggestion for one or more of these
> projects, what's the best place to do it, here on the email list or on the
> wiki page of the project?

If it's a specific question about the project, you can always make a
comment on a wiki page. But as usual if it's something that could
benefit from public discussion, this mailing list is the best venue.

Cheers,
Michael

Sincerely,

Dawn C. Smith, MPH, CHES
Project Coordinator for OpenMRS
O: <a href="tel:%2B1%20317-423-5583" value="+13174235583" target="_blank">+1 317-423-5583

12