Concepts in multiple languages

Tobin Greensweig Tobin Greensweig

Concepts in multiple languages

Greetings,

I have a multi-lingual user base (English and Hebrew). The vast majority of our concepts are only in English. We use autocomplete on both HTML forms and also coded patient attributes (entered on the edit patient short form). The problem is that when the user is viewing in Hebrew the concepts that don't have Hebrew defined are missing from autocomplete!

Is this the correct behavior? I think that the ideal would be to show concepts that exist in the users' language in that language and otherwise show the preferred concept name?

What I'm describing sounds somewhat similar to: https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-813. I've tried setting proficient languages in the users' profiles but that doesn't seem to make a difference for autocomplete, only concept search.

Have a good weekend,

Tobin

Re: Concepts in multiple languages

Hi Tobin,

Sounds like a bug, and only the concept search was implemented to be aware of the "proficient locales" property.

You should probably create two tickets, one for HTML Form Entry, one for Trunk, since those will be different pieces of code that need upgrading.

(Generally speaking we want to avoid people seeing concepts in languages they don't speak, so yes, proficient locales is the solution here.)

-Darius

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Tobin Greensweig <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Andrew Kanter Andrew Kanter

Re: Concepts in multiple languages

Thanks, Tobin!

Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH

- Director of Health Information Systems/Medical Informatics
Millennium Villages Project, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
Columbia University

Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +1 (646) 469-2421
Office: +1 (212) 305-4842