Diagnoses with a HTML form using dropdown

duali duali

Report Content as Inappropriate

Diagnoses with a HTML form using dropdown

Dear All:

What is the best way to enter Diagnoses with a HTML form ? As there
are hundreds of potential diagnosis or clinical problems, using a
 dropdown is not effective.
Can one use a search box that searches for concepts ?
How are ICD-10 codes entered for example ? Is there a hierarchical
system in place, where you first chose the chapter and then the number
block ?

Thanks for your help

mohamed

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Diagnoses with a HTML form using dropdown

Hi Mohamed,

Try something like this:
<obs conceptId="1296" answerClasses="Symptom,Finding" style="autocomplete"/>

You'd need to specify the actual concept classes you want for answerClasses.

This is documented at https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/kg8z#HTMLFormEntryModuleHTMLReference-Coded

-Darius

James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Diagnoses with a HTML form using dropdown

Hi Mohamed,

We enter diagnosis one of two ways on HTML forms.

1.) We have some diagnosis that are coded with HAS assigned numeric codes.  The provider writes the number on the paper and that number is typed into the select box (dropdown) by the data entry clerk which has the name of each item preceded by its number.  When you type the number it goes to that point in the list.

2.) We use the autocomplete options for obs, and specify it should search diagnosis.  Set style = "autocomplete" to display a autocomplete widget.  You can see the syntax for that on this page…

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/HTML+Form+Entry+Module+HTML+Reference

<obs conceptId="1296" answerClasses="Diagnosis" style="autocomplete"/>

ICD10 codes can be entered into a text observation (which is not recommended), or they could be mapped to OpenMRS concepts, and then you would choose those concepts (the preferred method).  When you create a concept look at the concept mappings section.  Either way, there isn’t a hierarchical system in place that I am aware of.  Write back to the list if you have additional questions about this and someone more qualified will be able to explain things these better for you.

Thanks,

James

duali duali

duali duali

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Diagnoses with a HTML form using dropdown

Hi James,

I think the first one is much more interesting. We would like to code our own concept. Let me try and I will give you Feedback.

Thanks a lot for your information

Mohamed

Mark Goodrich-2 Mark Goodrich-2

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Diagnoses with a HTML form using dropdown

Mohamed—

Just as a heads but, there are currently a couple of bugs with the autocomplete functionality you should be aware of.  These should be fixed in the next few weeks.

Here are the tickets for the bugs:

https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/HTML-343

https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/HTML-323

Mark