Getting Started as a Developer

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Getting Started as a Developer

Good evening-morning,

I went here:

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

hoping to find something simple to cut my teeth on.

Disappointing.

So is there a bug list for the OpenMRS 1.9 for newbdies?? Hunted around as yet could not find anything.

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

ishara premadasa ishara premadasa

Re: Getting Started as a Developer

Hi Ashley,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Ashley Maher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good evening-morning,

I went here:

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Getting+Started+as+a+Developer

hoping to find something simple to cut my teeth on.

Disappointing.

So is there a bug list for the OpenMRS 1.9 for newbdies?? Hunted around as yet could not find anything.

OpenMRS uses JIRA as the issue tracker. Following page has issues reported in all projects under OpenMRS

https://tickets.openmrs.org/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all

In addition this is the ticket list of of OpenMRS trunk. You can look for 1.9.0 or whatever conditions you need by a searching in this section.

https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aissues-panel

Hope this would help!
Thanks,
Ishara

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

Best Regards.

Ishara Premadasa,
Final Year Undergraduate,
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka.

Re: Getting Started as a Developer

Hi Ashley,

The Getting Started as a Developer page that you linked has an embedded list of tickets tagged as "intro", which should be newbie-suitable.

Are those not good enough? (For what it's worth, this time of year, right after applications to Google Summer of Code have closed, is our low point for this list, since lots of intro tickets have just been done...)

-Darius

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM, ishara premadasa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Re: Getting Started as a Developer

Darius,

I do not know when you last read those bugs but looking at them my feeling is they should all be closed.

Hence my question.

Kindest Regards,

Ashley Maher

The Getting Started as a Developer page that you linked has an embedded list of tickets tagged as "intro", which should be newbie-suitable.

Are those not good enough? (For what it's worth, this time of year, right after applications to Google Summer of Code have closed, is our low point for this list, since lots of intro tickets have just been done...)

-Darius

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM, ishara premadasa <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi Ashley,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Ashley Maher <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
[...]

[mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]

--
Best Regards.

Ishara Premadasa,
Final Year Undergraduate,
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka.
http://isharapremadasa.blogspot.com<http://isharapremadasa.blogspot.com/>

Re: Getting Started as a Developer

Ashley,

I just looked at the first 10 tickets listed on that page, and all seem appropriate to me. (A few are tickets that were "assigned" when you sent your first email, and I unassigned due to inactivity.)

What are you expecting to find as "intro" tickets? Generally speaking, high-value "intro" tickets get claimed and solved pretty quickly. The point of the tickets that are there is that they're a good first ticket for someone unfamiliar with OpenMRS. "Figure out why we're logging a warning message that we shouldn't be" may not be exciting, but it's a good intro...

-Darius

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa

Re: Getting Started as a Developer

Hi Ashley,

I have just looked at them now and they are Ready for Work.
So feel free to choose any and starting working.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Ashley Maher <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

If we keep uppermost in our minds the unkind and unjust acts of others, we shall find it impossible to love them as Christ has loved us; but if our thoughts dwell upon the wondrous love and pity of Christ for us, the same spirit will flow out to others.

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Re: Getting Started as a Developer

Thanks Darius,

When I first posted there were 16 inappropriate comments, the 24 there now appear to be far more reasonable.

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

The Getting Started as a Developer page that you linked has an embedded list of tickets tagged as "intro", which should be newbie-suitable.

Are those not good enough? (For what it's worth, this time of year, right after applications to Google Summer of Code have closed, is our low point for this list, since lots of intro tickets have just been done...)

-Darius

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 7:35 AM, ishara premadasa <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:
Hi Ashley,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Ashley Maher <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>> wrote:
[...]

To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Developers' mailing list, send an e-mail to [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> with "SIGNOFF openmrs-devel-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.

[mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-devel-l]