HTML Form Entry Preview with Nest ObsGroups

Steven Githens Steven Githens

HTML Form Entry Preview with Nest ObsGroups

Hello OpenMRS Dev,

Is anyone successfully using the HTML Form Entry Schema preview screen
successfully with Nested Obs Groups [1]

I've been having issues looking at the Schema's for my forms, where the
output of the page chokes halfway through because of exceptions being
thrown in the JSP.  I've tracked it down to a section of
htmlFormSchema.jsp, where it tries to run through the Groups.
Exceptions are thrown because not everything it's going over has the
properties it's trying to access, so I don't believe they are all of the
same type.  I eventually got it to work after removing all the instances
of nested obsgroup tags in my form.  Attached is a patch (which isn't
meant to be useful) to show where I've been debugging, and eventually
wrapped it in a c:catch so the entire page would render.

I saw a few tickets related to Schema Preview, but nothing that sounded
like this.  Before I go too much farther, just want to see if folks with
forms with nested obsgroups are able Preview their Schemas.  Also, the
actual form generation and entry works fine, it's just this schema preview.

Cheers,
Steve

[1] Support for which the wiki said was added a few versions of HTML
Form Entry ago.

nested-obs-debug.diff.txt (2K) Download Attachment
Mark Goodrich-2 Mark Goodrich-2

Re: HTML Form Entry Preview with Nest ObsGroups

Steven--you've probably found a bug...

@Ellen, @James A--have either of you noticed an issue with viewing the form schema of a form that contains nested obs groups?

Mark

Ellen Ball Ellen Ball

Re: HTML Form Entry Preview with Nest ObsGroups

I haven't seen it, but that's because we don't do that.  At one point, obsgroups within obsgroups didn't work, so I haven't used that.  I hadn't realized that was fixed.  The schema should handle it properly.

Ellen

Steven Githens Steven Githens

Re: HTML Form Entry Preview with Nest ObsGroups

Cool, I'll go ahead and file a bug against this then.

-s