HTML form link

Tobin Greensweig Tobin Greensweig

HTML form link

Hi,

I'm trying to put a link onto an HTML form that will allow the user to link to a mapped network share where some files are stored in directories = one of our patient ID types. The following is working except for a space which is being inserted just before the ID. An example of a link being generated is:  file:///S:/OpenMRS/ 00F51CD-2 (note the space just before 00F51CD-2).

Any ideas?

<lookup complexExpression="
&#60;a href=&#34;file:///S:/OpenMRS/#foreach($patId in $patientIdentifiers.get('New Clinic ID')) $patId #end&#34; target=&#34;_blank&#34;/&#62;LINK TO OLD PATIENT RECORDS&#60;/a&#62;" />

Also, how would I modify this just to grab the first patient ID of this type instead of all of them should there be multiple?

Thanks,

Tobin

James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Re: HTML form link

Hi Tobin,

To just get the first identifier of that type, you could use…

<lookup expression="patient.getPatientIdentifier(1)"/>

I would try putting the link in as HTML, and just inserting the HAS number into the link to see if that can get you around the space problem.  But, I’m inserting an image based on the identifier with very similar code to yours and it’s not including a stray space.  My code is…

<lookup complexExpression="

&#60;img src=&#34;http://localhost:81/frontdesk/barre_code.php?string=${patient.getPatientIdentifier(1)}&#34;/&#62;

" />

Hope this helps.

James

Tobin Greensweig Tobin Greensweig

Re: HTML form link

Thanks James,

Very helpful and it worked to generate the link. Unfortunately I've discovered that due to security restrictions, most browsers no longer allow file:// links from pages served over HTTP meaning my idea doesn't work!

Question to the list: Has anybody implemented a way to store files that are accessible within or easily through OpenMRS? The situation is that we have thousands of word documents containing old consultation notes stored in directories labeled with a patient ID that clinicians need to reference. It's very time consuming and difficult for them to wade through the filesystem manually or even use windows search. One solution I've read is to setup a web server that has file browsing enabled on the network share. This doesn't really allow additional files to be uploaded but I guess it's better than nothing...

Thanks in advance,

Tobin

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM, James Arbaugh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tobin,

To just get the first identifier of that type, you could use…

<lookup expression="patient.getPatientIdentifier(1)"/>

I would try putting the link in as HTML, and just inserting the HAS number into the link to see if that can get you around the space problem.  But, I’m inserting an image based on the identifier with very similar code to yours and it’s not including a stray space.  My code is…

<lookup complexExpression="

&#60;img src=&#34;http://localhost:81/frontdesk/barre_code.php?string=${patient.getPatientIdentifier(1)}&#34;/&#62;

" />

Hope this helps.

James

James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Re: HTML form link

Hi Tobin,

I’m glad you found it helpful.

As an alternative to a web server, you could store them as complex obs in OpenMRS.

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Complex+Obs+Support

and

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Creating+Complex+Observations+and+Concepts

I’m not sure if HTML Form Entry supports complex obs at this time.  I searched for the ticket but didn’t find one.

James

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Re: HTML form link

Tobin,

Thought of using Libre Office to convert the word docs to ODF. Then using the Patient ID parse the ODF files and put the records straight into OpenMRS?

Gets rid of the doc handling issue??

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM, James Arbaugh <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
Hi Tobin,

To just get the first identifier of that type, you could use…
<lookup expression="patient.getPatientIdentifier(1)"/>

I would try putting the link in as HTML, and just inserting the HAS number into the link to see if that can get you around the space problem.  But, I’m inserting an image based on the identifier with very similar code to yours and it’s not including a stray space.  My code is…
<lookup complexExpression="
&#60;img src=&#34;http://localhost:81/frontdesk/barre_code.php?string=${patient.getPatientIdentifier(1)}&#34;/&#62<http://localhost:81/frontdesk/barre_code.php?string=$%7Bpatient.getPatientIdentifier(1)%7D"/&%2362>;
" />

Hope this helps.

James

Mark Goodrich-2 Mark Goodrich-2

Re: HTML form link

There is a GSoC project this summer add support for complex obs to html form entry.

Rajib Sengupta Rajib Sengupta

Re: HTML form link

And here is that project for that:

Tobin Greensweig Tobin Greensweig

Re: HTML form link

Hi All,

Thanks for the input. Since we needed something ASAP I ended up developing a very basic module to suit our needs (will be happy to share if anybody wants). It basically just adds a tab to the dashboard which contains an iframe. The address for the iframe comes from a global property. In our case the iframe contains a link directly to the subdirectory containing the patients' files which is served up by this outstanding php file manager (http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpledirectory/).  The file manager actually even allows for uploads and other operations.

First day in "production" today but he clinicians and staff seem to love it.

Tobin

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Rajib Sengupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
And here is that project for that:

There is a GSoC project this summer add support for complex obs to html form entry.

Jonathan Galingan Jonathan Galingan

Re: HTML form link

Hi Tobin,

Thanks for sharing this. I'm very interested with your module.

We've been having this problem too with our implementation. I just want to ask how you are able to automatically create a subdirectory for the patient in the php application as patients get created in OpenMRS?

From: i
--
Tobin

--