Help with webservices

Jonathan Galingan Jonathan Galingan

Help with webservices

Hi, I'm trying to replicate the patient search box of OpenMRS in OpenERP to integrate the two.

Would anybody know how a complete name with identifier could be searched through the webservices?

Re: Help with webservices

Looking at this page: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/REST+Web+Service+Resources#RESTWebServiceResources-Patient
there is only a search that takes in either name or identifier and returns a list of patients.

Are you wanting a url to find only one patient given parameters of "full name" AND complete "identifier" ?

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Philippine General Hospital

Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR)

Re: Help with webservices

In reply to this post by Jonathan Galingan

the q parameter will search both name and ID.  i would search on id and then verify that the name returned is the one expected.

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Galingan
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:46 PM
Subject: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] Help with webservices

Jonathan Galingan Jonathan Galingan

Re: Help with webservices

When I tried:

it only searched through patients that have a given name "john" . I wanted to also get people with the middle name or last name of "Johnson"
Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?

I then tried:

it now searched through patients that have a given name "john" while the middle name or last name is "smith." Is it possible to make this to return a patient named "smith Johnson"?

For the identifier I tried:

I have a patient with an id of "123" but it did not search for it. Would I need to change the q to something else?

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) <[hidden email]> wrote:

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Galingan
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:46 PM
Subject: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] Help with webservices

Re: Help with webservices

Hi Jonathan,

Are you intentionally using the person resource rather than the patient one? Because for 95% of use cases, the patient resource is the right one. (Also, you can't search on the person resource for patient ids.)

I peeked quickly at the code, and I think the person resource delegates its searching to org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernatePersonDAO.getPeople(String, Boolean). This method does look at the given, middle, family, and family2 name components. If you're actually intending to search via the person resource, and you're really seeing this bug, I'll research further.

Assuming you actually want the patient resource, as far as I know whatever you pass as its q parameter is treated identically to the patient search box in OpenMRS. (I.e. you can find partial names, or exact identifiers)

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I tried:

Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?

I then tried:

For the identifier I tried:

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Galingan
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:46 PM
Subject: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] Help with webservices

Jonathan Galingan Jonathan Galingan

Re: Help with webservices

Oh. I see. I think I've got it. Thanks a lot.

The switch to patient did the trick.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I tried:

Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?

I then tried:

I tried:

and I get this error

I tried:
and I get the same error

but if I tried:
it works

I think this is a bug with the web service. Could anybody interpret the error? thanks

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh. I see. I think I've got it. Thanks a lot.

The switch to patient did the trick.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I tried:

Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?

I then tried:

For the identifier I tried:

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Galingan
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:46 PM
Subject: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] Help with webservices

Re: Help with webservices

Hi Jonathan,

At the root of the error message is: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot convert value '0000-00-00' from column 4 to TIMESTAMP

You must have some (illegal) dates in your database that are set to zero. Is this something you can clean up?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried:

and it worked

I tried:

and I get this error

I tried:
and I get the same error

but if I tried:
it works

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh. I see. I think I've got it. Thanks a lot.

The switch to patient did the trick.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I tried:

Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?

I then tried:

For the identifier I tried:

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Galingan
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:46 PM
Subject: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] Help with webservices

Jonathan Galingan Jonathan Galingan

Re: Help with webservices

thanks Darius

I'll try to place arbitrary values on them. I'm still studying the sql to do this.

BTW, this does not occur when I search for it in the search box of the User Interface. Would you know any possible differences of the 2? Maybe this could be solved with some configurations.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I tried:

and it worked

I tried:

and I get this error

I tried:
and I get the same error

but if I tried:
it works

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh. I see. I think I've got it. Thanks a lot.

The switch to patient did the trick.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I tried:

Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?

I then tried:

InnoDB, Encoding: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8), Collation: utf8_general_ci

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:09:17 -0700, Darius Jazayeri
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Jonathan,
>At the root of the error message is: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException:
>Cannot convert value '0000-00-00' from column 4 to TIMESTAMP
>You must have some (illegal) dates in your database that are set to zero.
>Is this something you can clean up?
>-Darius
>On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Jonathan Galingan
<[hidden email]>wrote:

>> I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=123
>> and it worked
>> I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=john
>> and I get this error
>> http://justpaste.it/xhr
>> I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=james
>> and I get the same error
>> but if I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=jam
>> it works
>> I think this is a bug with the web service. Could anybody interpret the
>> error? thanks
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jonathan Galingan
<[hidden email]>wrote:
>>> Oh. I see. I think I've got it. Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> The switch to patient did the trick.
>>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Darius Jazayeri
<[hidden email]
>>> > wrote:
>>>> Hi Jonathan,
>>>> Are you intentionally using the person resource rather than the patient
>>>> one? Because for 95% of use cases, the patient resource is the right
one.

>>>> (Also, you can't search on the person resource for patient ids.)
>>>> I peeked quickly at the code, and I think the person resource delegates
>>>> its searching
>>>> to org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernatePersonDAO.getPeople(String,
>>>> Boolean). This method *does* look at the given, middle, family, and
>>>> family2 name components. If you're actually intending to search via the
>>>> person resource, and you're really seeing this bug, I'll research further.
>>>> Assuming you actually want the patient resource, as far as I know
>>>> whatever you pass as its q parameter is treated identically to the patient
>>>> search box in OpenMRS. (I.e. you can find partial names, or exact
>>>> identifiers)
>>>> -Darius
>>>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <
>>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>> When I tried:
>>>>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/person?q=john
>>>>> it only searched through patients that have a given name "john" . I
>>>>> wanted to also get people with the middle name or last name of
"Johnson"

>>>>> Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?
>>>>> I then tried:
>>>>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/person?q=john_smith
>>>>> it now searched through patients that have a given name "john" while
>>>>> the middle name or last name is "smith." Is it possible to make this to
>>>>> return a patient named "smith Johnson"?
>>>>> For the identifier I tried:
>>>>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/person?q=123
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a patient with an id of "123" but it did not search for it.
>>>>> Would I need to change the q to something else?
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA)
(CTR) <

>>>>>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD****
>>>>>> Project Manager for Computerization****
>>>>>> Philippine General Hospital****
>>>>>> ** **
>>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>>>>>> ****
>>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list

>>>>> --
>>>>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD
>>>>> Project Manager for Computerization
>>>>> Philippine General Hospital
>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list

>>> --
>>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD
>>> Project Manager for Computerization
>>> Philippine General Hospital
>> --
>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD
>> Project Manager for Computerization
>> Philippine General Hospital
>>  ------------------------------
>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>_________________________________________
>To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to
[hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the
body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-
implement-l]

To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.

[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
Mathias LIN
Meta Healthcare Systems Ltd.
20/F Central Tower, 28 Queen's Rd Central, Hong Kong
T +852 8199 9605, M +86 159 0208 1701, Skype: mathias.lin

Re: Help with webservices

The default values on the date fields should not be there.  I opened this ticket to have it fixed:

When looking at this, I saw that person.birthdate is nullable for some reason even though we have it required in the API.  So 0000-00-00 must be mysql's default if you create the row and don't provide a value for a nullable date column?

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Mathias Lin | Meta Healthcare <[hidden email]> wrote:
The problematic field was mainly the person.birthdate, which was all set to

InnoDB, Encoding: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8), Collation: utf8_general_ci

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:09:17 -0700, Darius Jazayeri
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Jonathan,
>At the root of the error message is: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException:
>Cannot convert value '0000-00-00' from column 4 to TIMESTAMP
>You must have some (illegal) dates in your database that are set to zero.
>Is this something you can clean up?
>-Darius
>On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Jonathan Galingan
<[hidden email]>wrote:
>> I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=123
>> and it worked
>> I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=john
>> and I get this error
>> http://justpaste.it/xhr
>> I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=james
>> and I get the same error
>> but if I tried:
>> curl -i -u "admin:Password1"
>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/patient?q=jam
>> it works
>> I think this is a bug with the web service. Could anybody interpret the
>> error? thanks
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Jonathan Galingan
<[hidden email]>wrote:
>>> Oh. I see. I think I've got it. Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> The switch to patient did the trick.
>>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Darius Jazayeri
<[hidden email]
>>> > wrote:
>>>> Hi Jonathan,
>>>> Are you intentionally using the person resource rather than the patient
>>>> one? Because for 95% of use cases, the patient resource is the right
one.
>>>> (Also, you can't search on the person resource for patient ids.)
>>>> I peeked quickly at the code, and I think the person resource delegates
>>>> its searching
>>>> to org.openmrs.api.db.hibernate.HibernatePersonDAO.getPeople(String,
>>>> Boolean). This method *does* look at the given, middle, family, and
>>>> family2 name components. If you're actually intending to search via the
>>>> person resource, and you're really seeing this bug, I'll research further.
>>>> Assuming you actually want the patient resource, as far as I know
>>>> whatever you pass as its q parameter is treated identically to the patient
>>>> search box in OpenMRS. (I.e. you can find partial names, or exact
>>>> identifiers)
>>>> -Darius
>>>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Galingan <
>>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>> When I tried:
>>>>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/person?q=john
>>>>> it only searched through patients that have a given name "john" . I
>>>>> wanted to also get people with the middle name or last name of
"Johnson"
>>>>> Would anybody know how to make the webservices do that?
>>>>> I then tried:
>>>>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/person?q=john_smith
>>>>> it now searched through patients that have a given name "john" while
>>>>> the middle name or last name is "smith." Is it possible to make this to
>>>>> return a patient named "smith Johnson"?
>>>>> For the identifier I tried:
>>>>> http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/person?q=123
>>>>>
>>>>> I have a patient with an id of "123" but it did not search for it.
>>>>> Would I need to change the q to something else?
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA)
(CTR) <
>>>>>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD****
>>>>>> Project Manager for Computerization****
>>>>>> Philippine General Hospital****
>>>>>> ** **
>>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>>>>>> ****
>>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>>>>> --
>>>>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD
>>>>> Project Manager for Computerization
>>>>> Philippine General Hospital
>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>>> --
>>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD
>>> Project Manager for Computerization
>>> Philippine General Hospital
>> --
>> Jonathan D. Galingan, MD
>> Project Manager for Computerization
>> Philippine General Hospital
>>  ------------------------------
>> Click here to unsubscribe<[hidden email]?
body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing
list
>_________________________________________
>To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to
[hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the
body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-