Is anyone generating HL7 messages out of OpenMRS objects ?

surangaK surangaK

Is anyone generating HL7 messages out of OpenMRS objects ?

Hi Devs,

I'm about to commit myself to writing some code to generate HL7 messages out of OpenMRS encounters.

I just wanted to double check if anyone in the community has already done this (or anything similar), because I really don't want to re-invent the wheel :-)

Best Regards,

Suranga

Re: Is anyone generating HL7 messages out of OpenMRS objects ?

This project was done by some students: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/HL7+Output+%28Design+Page%29  You might contact them to see if you can start with their code. (if they finished the project...they disappeared half-way through the semester, so not sure what became of it)

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Suranga Kasthurirathne <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Devs,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Re: Is anyone generating HL7 messages out of OpenMRS objects ?

In reply to this post by surangaK
Glad you asked, Suranga.  There was a project on HL7 Output, including some code posted to CR-TRUNK-569 by Thothathri Srinivasan about 5 months ago, working on adding an HL7 outbound queue.

Cheers,

Hi Devs,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Tammy Dugan Tammy Dugan

Re: Is anyone generating HL7 messages out of OpenMRS objects ?

In reply to this post by Ben Wolfe (openmrs)
Take a look at the sockethl7listener module. It generates hl7. We also do this in the chica module.

Tammy Dugan

On 4/20/2012 10:48 AM, Ben Wolfe wrote:

Hi Devs,

Best Regards,

Suranga

Tammy Dugan
CHIRDL Technical Lead
Children's Health Services Research
IU School of Medicine

surangaK surangaK

Re: Is anyone generating HL7 messages out of OpenMRS objects ?

Hi everyone,

Many thanks for your replies. I actually spent most of yesterday looking at your suggestions, and it turns out that things are going to be quite easy for me.
And also, it seems that some of us (at least me myself) are not aware of how really extensive our community is, and how much work we've already covered.

Imagine a case scenario where someone who is new to both the community and the mailing list has gone ahead and re-written the entire thing from scratch, instead of asking around from others (like I did) :-)

Best regards,