Metadata Sharing and OpenMRS 1.9

Hi Rafal,

Mark and I were just discussing our current projects, and both of us are going to need to be using the Metadata Sharing module with OpenMRS 1.9 within the next couple months.

If I remember right, the MDS doesn't yet work on OpenMRS 1.9.x. Do you remember why that is, and if it's an easy solution? (Writing the conversion between 1.8 and 1.9 versions of concepts would be nice, but is not a blocker, at least for me.)

Mark Goodrich-2 Mark Goodrich-2

Re: Metadata Sharing and OpenMRS 1.9

Rafal,

We just talked about this in regards to the Rwanda Openmrs 1.9 upgrade, and, while not technically a blocker, it is important that we have MDS working on 1.9 when we do the 1.9 upgrade in early June.

(For that matter, it is important that that 1.9.0 is released by early June as well... :)

Mark

On 5/2/2012 10:39 AM, Darius Jazayeri wrote:
Hi Rafal,

Mark and I were just discussing our current projects, and both of us are going to need to be using the Metadata Sharing module with OpenMRS 1.9 within the next couple months.

If I remember right, the MDS doesn't yet work on OpenMRS 1.9.x. Do you remember why that is, and if it's an easy solution? (Writing the conversion between 1.8 and 1.9 versions of concepts would be nice, but is not a blocker, at least for me.)

Rafal Korytkowski-2 Rafal Korytkowski-2

Re: Metadata Sharing and OpenMRS 1.9

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply, but we have holidays in Poland. To some
extent I've managed to get MDS working with 1.9. Exporting should work
with no problems for all metadata. Importing works for some metadata,
but it still needs to be fixed for Concepts.

I suppose that for Concepts I need to write a custom
MetadataPriorityDependenciesHandler due to changes to Concept
mappings. I'll investigate on that a bit more and let you know.

-RafaƂ