Next OpenMRS meeting?

Owais Ahmed Owais Ahmed

Next OpenMRS meeting?

Dear All,

I was wondering when and where the next OpenMRS meeting is going to be (I didn't find any news of one in the website and forum). I attended the HISA conference last June and I am scheduled to attend the EMR Data User Workshop next month, so I would like to know if another conference is coming up. I'm sure many other people on the mailing list will also be interested, and we may end up seeing a lot more participants. Thanks.

-Owais Ahmed
Systems Analyst
Interactive Research and Development
Suite 508, Ibrahim Trade Tower
Main Shahrah-e-Faisal
Karachi 75350 Pakistan
Tel: +92-21-4327697

Ben Wolfe Ben Wolfe

Re: Next OpenMRS meeting?

I don't think planning for 2009 has started.  Usually these are in the
Apr-July range.  If there is enough interest, perhaps we could convince
Chris to have an openmrs conference earlier than than. :-)

Owais Ahmed wrote:

> Dear All,
> I was wondering when and where the next OpenMRS meeting is going to be
> (I didn't find any news of one in the website and forum). I attended the
> HISA conference last June and I am scheduled to attend the EMR Data User
> Workshop next month, so I would like to know if another conference is
> coming up. I'm sure many other people on the mailing list will also be
> interested, and we may end up seeing a lot more participants. Thanks.
> -Owais Ahmed
> Systems Analyst
> Interactive Research and Development
> Suite 508, Ibrahim Trade Tower
> Main Shahrah-e-Faisal
> Karachi 75350 Pakistan
> Tel: +92-21-4327697
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Click here to unsubscribe
> <mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>
> from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list

To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.

[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
Carl Fourie Carl Fourie

Re: Next OpenMRS meeting?

Forking this thread slightly ;o)

What range of topics would we like to see at the conference? We'd like to do a more formal review later but I'm hoping for a bit of a gut feel on topics?
One which springs to mind would be the security aspect of OpenMRS and securing your OpenMRS server/install.

Cheers,
Carl

Ben Wolfe wrote:
I don't think planning for 2009 has started.  Usually these are in the Apr-July range.  If there is enough interest, perhaps we could convince Chris to have an openmrs conference earlier than than. :-)

Owais Ahmed wrote:
Dear All,

-Owais Ahmed
Systems Analyst
Interactive Research and Development
Suite 508, Ibrahim Trade Tower
Main Shahrah-e-Faisal
Karachi 75350 Pakistan
Tel: +92-21-4327697
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here to unsubscribe [hidden email] from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list

To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.

[[hidden email]]

Owais Ahmed Owais Ahmed

Re: Next OpenMRS meeting?

Dearl All,

I definitely agree that securing the implementation ought to be a topic at the next conference. Some other topics that may be very useful:

1. XForms design/use workshops
2. Getting started with making an OpenMRS module
3. Documentation sessions. There was plenty of coding going on during the HISA conference in Durban, so maybe it would be nice to have an ongoing session with people documenting areas that are not fully explained in the OpenMRS website. The topics could be agreed upon in a brainstorming session and the progress updated, so if I were writing something about a topic but then had to leave, someone else could pick it up with full knowledge of what I had already covered.
4. Troubleshooting: Resolving common database and application server problems. There are always many questions related to this on the mailing list, and it may really people to see things worked out on the big screen.
5. Presentations by groups using alternative entry methods to InfoPath so people can see what range of options are available.

I think the conference should take place in May or June. Tech conferences really should meet at least once a year (unless there was a meeting after Durban that I completely missed).

-Owais Ahmed
Systems Analyst
Interactive Research and Development
Suite 508, Ibrahim Trade Tower
Main Shahrah-e-Faisal
Karachi 75350 Pakistan
Tel: +92-21-4327697

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Carl Fourie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Forking this thread slightly ;o)

Cheers,

Main Shahrah-e-Faisal
Karachi 75350 Pakistan
Tel: +92-21-4327697
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[hidden email]]

Chris Seebregts Chris Seebregts

Re: Next OpenMRS meeting?

In reply to this post by Ben Wolfe
Hi Ben/Owais
Thanks for raising the topic of the OpenMRS Implementers/Developers
meeting.  I will be happy to receive any thoughts regarding preferred
formats/location/timing/what worked/didn't work/anything else from
previous years to guide us in working out details for the fourth
meeting?  It may be a bit late to shoot for something earlier than
April/May/June but would still like to know if this is a priority.
Thanks
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On
Behalf Of Ben Wolfe
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 9:10 PM
Subject: Re: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] Next OpenMRS meeting?

I don't think planning for 2009 has started.  Usually these are in the
Apr-July range.  If there is enough interest, perhaps we could convince
Chris to have an openmrs conference earlier than than. :-)

Owais Ahmed wrote:
> Dear All,
> I was wondering when and where the next OpenMRS meeting is going to be

> (I didn't find any news of one in the website and forum). I attended
the
> HISA conference last June and I am scheduled to attend the EMR Data
User
> Workshop next month, so I would like to know if another conference is
> coming up. I'm sure many other people on the mailing list will also be

> interested, and we may end up seeing a lot more participants. Thanks.
> -Owais Ahmed
> Systems Analyst
> Interactive Research and Development
> Suite 508, Ibrahim Trade Tower
> Main Shahrah-e-Faisal
> Karachi 75350 Pakistan
> Tel: +92-21-4327697
------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Click here to unsubscribe
<mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l>
> from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list

To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail
to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the
body (not the subject) of your e-mail.

[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]