Patient Matching Module - requirements to be implemeted

Pulasthi Mahawithana-2 Pulasthi Mahawithana-2

Report Content as Inappropriate

Patient Matching Module - requirements to be implemeted

Hi,

I'm Pulasthi Mahawithana (IRC nick name : pulasthi7), a third year computer science and engineering undergraduate at University of Moratuwa. I'll be working on the Patient Matching module of OpenMRS. Suranga Kasthurirathne will be working as my mentor for the summer and Judy Wawira is assigned as the backup mentor. During the summer I'm going to implement the following features of the OpenMRS module.
  1. Incorporate a process to validate de-duplication strategies.
  2. Incorporate a process to calculate total number of potential pairs formed by particular blocking strategy.
  3. Upgrade the de-duplication reports from flat files to database persistence.
  4. Implement a process to analyze and highlight useful de-duplications fields
  5. Implement additional duplication features in the OpenMRS de-duplication module.
  6. Migrate previous reports from the flat file to the database
The details of the above features are available at [1].

For Now, I have worked with my mentor and prepared drafts of detailed requirements and mock UI's for the first two tasks. They were then updated based on the feedback by Dr.Shaun, James, Judy, Ada  and Suranga. The updated detailed requirements were added as a wiki page [2] under the main idea page [1]. Anyone who is interested on the project idea is welcome to give any feedback on the design.

I'll be updating my blog [3] under category 'GSoC' [4] with the progress of the project.

We welcome your comments on our design.
Thank you.

--
Regards,
Pulasthi Mahawithana

surangaK surangaK

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Patient Matching Module - requirements to be implemeted

Thanks Pulasthi,

May I also make this an opportunity to inquire if there are any other community members (other than AMPATH) who have been using this module for research or implementation purposes ?

If you've been using this module, then this is the best time to come forward because we would greatly appreciate your input :-)

Best Regards,
Suranga

James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Patient Matching Module - requirements to be implemeted

Hi Suranga,

We (HAS) used the module a few years back and are still making corrections based on the output results.  I haven’t tried the more recent versions of the module, but will likely need to find some more potential duplicate patients to be merged in the next year, and I am looking forward to the updates/changes that will be made this summer.  Since my experience with the module was so long ago, I doubt I have any valuable input.

Thanks,

James

Rajib Sengupta Rajib Sengupta

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Patient Matching Module - requirements to be implemeted

Suranga,

We are planning to use it for our implementation projects. I will provide you with our feedback  but it will not be until next weekend and we have some deadline this 20th.

Will that be okay?

Thanks
Rajib

surangaK surangaK

Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Patient Matching Module - requirements to be implemeted

Thanks Rajib and James,

No problem, we're glad to have you with us.
Looking forward to your input on our future design work !

Best regards,
Suranga