REPORTING WITH BIRT MODULE

Eurico Jose Eurico Jose

REPORTING WITH BIRT MODULE

Hi ALL,

I want use Birt Module for reporting, but before I have some questions with:

1.     1.        How can I pass parameters during report run? (for example: Initial date, final date and Location)

2.      2.       If I design a report Based on data export, when I run a report with new parameters will build new search based on parameters? For example: I designed a report with patient search based on January and July 2008, for now I want run it on period August and September. I'll need to change this period on Patient Search?

3.      3.       How can I use two data exports in report runtime?

Do 4.   Cohort column on data Export, when this will be fixed?

--
Eurico Jose
Programando pela Saude

Darius Jazayeri Darius Jazayeri

Re: REPORTING WITH BIRT MODULE

Hi Eurico,

You can change the dates on a Patient Search by going to Manage Patient
Searches in the admin screens.

I looked at the cohort column bug very briefly and I haven't been able
to figure out where the bug is coming from. If someone has time to look
at this, I can explain to them what I've looked at so far. Otherwise I'm
not sure when I'll have more time.

-Darius

Eurico Jose wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> I want use Birt Module for reporting, but before I have some questions
> with:
>
> 1.     1.        How can I pass parameters during report run? (for
> example: Initial date, final date and Location)
>
> 2.      2.       If I design a report Based on data export, when I run
> a report with new parameters will build new search based on
> parameters? For example: I designed a report with patient search based
> on January and July 2008, for now I want run it on period August and
> September. I'll need to change this period on Patient Search?
>
> 3.      3.       How can I use two data exports in report runtime?
>
> Do 4.   Cohort column on data Export, when this will be fixed?
>

> --
> Eurico Jose
> Programando pela Saude

jcm62 jcm62

Re: REPORTING WITH BIRT MODULE

Eurico

1. You just need to define the parameters in your report design. The module will inspect the report design and prompt you to provide values for the defined params.

2. In addition to what Darius wrote, there are other solutions as well. For instance the data export can be constrained using filters within BIRT. That might not be feasible if you have a lot of patients, but works relatively well with a few thousand. You can also constrain your patient set when you define the data export as well as when you run the report. Let me know if you need more details.

3. Not supported yet.

4. I'll let Darius answer that one. Darius if you want me to take this on for next week let me know.

Andrew Kanter Andrew Kanter

Re: REPORTING WITH BIRT MODULE

Eurico,

I think you may be able to resolve #3 but not using exports at all, but rather go against the database using SQL. You can create multiple datasets that way.
-Andy

--------------------
Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH

- Director of Health Information Systems/Medical Informatics
Millennium Villages Project Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
Columbia University

Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +1 (646) 469-2421
Office: +1 (212) 305-4842