Re: Belated request for module ids -- policy

1 message Options
Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR)

Re: Belated request for module ids -- policy

While we remain in svn, those without full commit privileges still need a way to get module names.  [hidden email] is a limitation only if there are too few people checking it or too few people with the privilege to create a new module.  I’ve never had a problem with it, but maybe if we moved it to JIRA like the ITSM tasks, pending requests would be more noticed (or even automatable).

If/as we move to git, there is no longer any need to assign module names except to avoid duplication, in which case a simple wiki page list would suffice, as suggested by Ben.  We wouldn’t have to import the module itself into the OpenMRS repository until it was ready to be exposed to the community – although it would be nice to be able to follow work in progress to the extent the module creator is willing to expose it.