Jibesh Patra Jibesh Patra
Report Content as Inappropriate

Hi devs,
I am trying to follow the instructions given here [0] & getting error while trying to create a new Observation for a patient.
As per the instruction, I have created a concept of data-type complex & handler as ImageHandler. Now, while creating new observation for a patient, in the 'Complex Value' field I am browsing and selecting an image. On saving the observation I am greeted with error statement reading "Please fix all errors and try again". I am attaching a screenshot of the mentioned error. Can someone please have a look and help me?

[0] https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Creating+Complex+Observations+and+Concepts

Jibesh Patra

hocus.JPG (72K) Download Attachment
surangaK surangaK
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Regarding error while creating an Observation, using 'Complex' concept data-type

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

If you go to the demo.openmrs.org site and try to re-create it, you will find that it works just fine, and the image gets uploaded.

Unfortunately, this problem occurs due to the ObsValidator.  Somehow, Spring calls the obs validator before the picture has finished uploading into the system, and therefore assumes that we have not uploaded one.

The quick (and ugly)  fix for this is to go to the obs validator, and comment out the lines that tests if the uploaded image is null.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

Report Content as Inappropriate

Sounds like a bug… Do we know if this is specific to images, or specific to this UI?  In the MDR-TB module we have a custom UI for recording sputum tests which includes the ability to upload a PDF and store it as a complex obs.  I haven’t had problems uploading PDF files using it.  However, this is only in OpenMRS 1.6, and I know validation has been reworked since then.

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Suranga Kasthurirathne
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [OPENMRS-DEV] Regarding error while creating an Observation, using 'Complex' concept data-type

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

surangaK surangaK
Report Content as Inappropriate

I agree.

Preferably, we should alter the validator class to include a check to test if the image has finished uploading before it goes into the validation process.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Mark Goodrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

Best Regards,

Report Content as Inappropriate

In reply to this post by Mark Goodrich-2
Sounds like it could be a bug introduced when we started automatically doing validation earlier, as part of 1.9.

Daniel is looking into this now, and will report shortly on whether it's a 1.9 blocker or not.

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Mark Goodrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa
Report Content as Inappropriate

I have just confirmed that it is a bug in 1.9

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Mark Goodrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

Suranga

If we keep uppermost in our minds the unkind and unjust acts of others, we shall find it impossible to love them as Christ has loved us; but if our thoughts dwell upon the wondrous love and pity of Christ for us, the same spirit will flow out to others.

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa
Report Content as Inappropriate

Fixed in: https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-3353

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have just confirmed that it is a bug in 1.9

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Mark Goodrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

Jibesh Patra Jibesh Patra
Report Content as Inappropriate

Thanks everyone, working fine in 1.10 .0.

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Fixed in: https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-3353

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have just confirmed that it is a bug in 1.9

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Mark Goodrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Jibesh,

I worked with complex handlers over the last summer, and faced the same issue.

For a long term fix to this problem, you will need to open a ticket :-)

Best regards,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jibesh Patra <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Best Regards,

Report Content as Inappropriate

In reply to this post by Jibesh Patra

Check the server logs for the full stack trace.  Also, what type of image were you uploading?

On May 15, 2012 5:52 PM, "Jibesh Patra" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi devs,

Jibesh Patra

Jibesh Patra Jibesh Patra
Report Content as Inappropriate

Hi Ben,
I tried with all types of image formats, JPEG, PNG etc. & it did not work then but the patch from Daniel has helped, and now it's working fine. About server logs, since now its working fine I feel the current server logs will not be of any interest. Moreover, about the old logs if any still present I don't know how to access them in jetty.

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Ben Wolfe <[hidden email]> wrote: