Suppressing HTML Form Entry Error

Tobin Greensweig Tobin Greensweig

Suppressing HTML Form Entry Error

Hi,

In our implementation we are often must add multiple of the same fields (for example multiple coded diagnoses, drugs, or tests). If multiple of these fields are filled out, when a user goes back into the form they are (correctly) given an error that "Due to insufficient data this form may not necessarily display the same way the form was originally entered. Please refer to issue TRUNK-2069 for more information."

For us the significance of the warning is benign (doesn't matter what order the observations are displayed) but it confuses our users and makes our forms unprintable (since the recipient of the printouts are outside of our organization and get super confused). Is it possible to suppress this error?

Thank you,

Tobin

Screen Shot 2012-05-05 at 11.31.26 AM.png (229K) Download Attachment
Tobin Greensweig Tobin Greensweig

Re: Suppressing HTML Form Entry Error

Hi,

Apologies in advance for the double email.

I was able to find one solution but curious if others have ideas as well.  Using css I was able to add @media print { div.error {visibility:hidden}} which blocks the error from printing.

I can also add @media screen { div.error {visibility:hidden}} which will block the error from appearing on the screen. However, I am too nervous to do this as there are useful error messages that users need to see! Other ideas just to hide this one error?

Thanks,

Tobin

--
Tobin

Re: Suppressing HTML Form Entry Error

Hi Tobin,

I imagine it would be trivial to wrap a span around that specific error via the HFE module, if you create a ticket. It's probably trivial enough that you could submit a patch, or do a pull request on github. :-)

As far as I know this is the only error that might be displayed when viewing an encounter with HFE, so surpressing .error is probably fine. (But Mark would know better if any other useful info is displayed this way.)

-Darius

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Tobin Greensweig <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mark Goodrich-2 Mark Goodrich-2

Re: Suppressing HTML Form Entry Error

Tobin—

It would be trivial to add a span like Darius mentioned, and this seems like the safest solution. If you enter a ticket for this, I can get it in the next release (which I plan to release after we fix the various autocomplete issues that have been uncovered).

However, this error message was added during the HFE sprint a few months back and revolves around the use of obsgroups… not just any case of TRUNK-2069.  Ideally, it should only appear in non-benign instances of this error… basically, the issue is if you have an obsgroup that has a diagnosis obs and then another obs (say, for example, a date obs), and then repeat that obsgroup, not only is it an issue of order, but it is also possible that each diagnosis will not be listed with the proper date.

Could you post a copy of the Html that is causing the error? If it something we can always confirm as benign we should see if we can suppress the error message entirely in this case.

See HTML-216 if you’d like to see the whole history of the issue.

Mark

Mark Goodrich-2 Mark Goodrich-2

Re: Suppressing HTML Form Entry Error

Tobin—

Just realized that my explanation of the problem case was wrong… it is more subtle than that… you can read the details in HTML-217.

But, in any case, it would be valuable to take a look at the html from your form....

Mark