Webservices.rest Sprint

Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR)

Webservices.rest Sprint

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

In going through the tasks for the sprint, I find there are some open issues left to discuss, maybe we can start tomorrow once logic is fully chopped:

1.  Named and custom representations -- how do they differ, which will be implemented in 1.0.  I can find my stuff in RESTWS-209 but can't find the work that the other person did with Darius.

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

3.  Representing self-joins, such as concept_question and concept_set, RESTWS-190, -198, -212.  Seems like on the GET call we are agreed on answerTo, memberOf as queries and has Answers, isSet  on the default/full rep.  Less consensus on whether Answers, Members collections can be edited with POST; alternative is answerTo, memberOf on POST, DELETE.

4.  Representing subclasses -- I wrote something on this.  Problem is that same object exists at <superclass>/<uuid> and <subclass>/<uuid>.

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

That said, I think I can participate in the sprint, I think I can do most of the following if nobody else wants them:

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Spencer Kathol Spencer Kathol

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Hi,

I'm Spencer, and I've been doing a little work on OpenMRS for a month or so.  I'd like to get involved with this development sprint.  I picked a few issues I'd like to work on:
215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization
212: Concept resource should support searching for concepts by membership in a set, or being answers to another concept

That might be about all since I'm still learning the module and OpenMRS as I code, and I'm dividing my time with other commitments.  If I have time, this one also seems interesting.
199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

I'll try to join the call tomorrow - when will this be discussed?  The Developer University?  Design Forum?  Can someone fill me in on how to join?

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Spencer,

We're currently doing a sprint on the Reporting module. The web services sprint is in 2 weeks. See: https://wiki.openmrs.org/x/twjn

If you'd like to work on web services before that, feel free to ask questions about particular tickets via JIRA and IRC.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization

199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Spencer: We're happy to have extra hands! Looking forward to working with you in a few weeks (or beforehand, depending on your motivation!) :-)
We'll try to discuss this on the Design Form.  See https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Design+Forum page for how to connect via skype or plain old phone line

Roger: There are two other topics we already scheduled for today's design call:
Initial hl7 input/output with Jembi
Logic/calculation concerns with Tammy and Mike

If we don't get to ws today, its first on the list for next week.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spencer,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization

199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Spencer Kathol Spencer Kathol

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Thanks for the info Ben.  I'll start working on RESTWS-215.

I have experience with HL7, so I'd like to sit in on that discussion as well.  Maybe I can help if there is an opportunity.  I'll probably talk with some of you later today.

On 4/4/2012 6:36 AM, Ben Wolfe wrote:

Roger: There are two other topics we already scheduled for today's design call:
Initial hl7 input/output with Jembi
Logic/calculation concerns with Tammy and Mike

If we don't get to ws today, its first on the list for next week.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spencer,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization

199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Hi Spencer,

The REST WS sprint is starting Monday. Are you in?

What time zone are you in, actually?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the info Ben.  I'll start working on RESTWS-215.

On 4/4/2012 6:36 AM, Ben Wolfe wrote:

Roger: There are two other topics we already scheduled for today's design call:
Initial hl7 input/output with Jembi
Logic/calculation concerns with Tammy and Mike

If we don't get to ws today, its first on the list for next week.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spencer,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization

199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Spencer Kathol Spencer Kathol

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Yes, I'll do what I can.  I'm in mountain time.

On 4/13/2012 7:41 PM, Darius Jazayeri wrote:
Hi Spencer,

The REST WS sprint is starting Monday. Are you in?

What time zone are you in, actually?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the info Ben.  I'll start working on RESTWS-215.

On 4/4/2012 6:36 AM, Ben Wolfe wrote:

Roger: There are two other topics we already scheduled for today's design call:
Initial hl7 input/output with Jembi
Logic/calculation concerns with Tammy and Mike

If we don't get to ws today, its first on the list for next week.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spencer,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization

199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries

190: hasAnswers/isSet

200: order resource

201: relation/relationship type resource

185: location attribute/location attribute type resource

178: location tag resource

Saludos, Roger

Michael Aro Michael Aro

Re: Webservices.rest Sprint

Hi,

I am interested in contributing to the Webservices.rest Module - Sprint. Reading the documentation and claim one or two ticket(s) later.

M.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, I'll do what I can.  I'm in mountain time.

On 4/13/2012 7:41 PM, Darius Jazayeri wrote:
Hi Spencer,

The REST WS sprint is starting Monday. Are you in?

What time zone are you in, actually?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the info Ben.  I'll start working on RESTWS-215.

On 4/4/2012 6:36 AM, Ben Wolfe wrote:

Roger: There are two other topics we already scheduled for today's design call:
Initial hl7 input/output with Jembi
Logic/calculation concerns with Tammy and Mike

If we don't get to ws today, its first on the list for next week.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Spencer,

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Spencer Kathol <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

215: UserResource full representation throws exception in serialization

199: Investigate and/or document POST behavior

On 4/3/2012 12:28 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) wrote:

Dawn, Ben, Darius, Jeremy --

2.  Casing conventions, RESTWS-204

5.  Is documentation done, RESTWS-148?

214: self link has wrong url

198: modifying concept_answers

196: provider resource (1.1)

212: answerTo/memberOf queries