Why Patient_name table rather than Person_name in Field?

David Ng David Ng

Why Patient_name table rather than Person_name in Field?

Hello community,

I'm working with Joaquin on the spreadsheet import module and I'm working on having the module automatically create an import template from a form. So I use the field table to create a row in the import for every field in the form.

When I create a form, some fields are created by default, such as PATIENT.GIVEN_NAME. Such fields are stored in the "field" table. However, when checking data in the "field" table, I don't understand why the table_name is stored as patient_name. Is it supposed to be person_name, because there's no physical patient_name table.

Why is the table name different? Should it be person_name?

David

Re: Why Patient_name table rather than Person_name in Field?

Hi David,

You are correct, it appears that we've put the wrong value in table_name for those fields. It should be person_name.

I guess the code that processes forms must not actually be looking at that table_name, though I'm not sure offhand where that happens.

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, David Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello community,

Why is the table name different? Should it be person_name?

David

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

Re: Why Patient_name table rather than Person_name in Field?

Thanks Darius, will this be changed in core?  If so, should I place a ticket in JIRA for it?

Joaquín
___________________________________________________________________
Gerente de Desarrollo, eHealth Systems
Research Fellow, Escuela de Medicina de Harvard
Moderador, GHDOnline.org

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, David Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello community,

Why is the table name different? Should it be person_name?

David

Re: Why Patient_name table rather than Person_name in Field?

Sure, go ahead and create a ticket for it.

But since things are actually working correctly from an end-user perspective, we won't prioritize fixing this. (I.e. in the module you're writing you should put a workaround in place.)

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:

Joaquín
___________________________________________________________________
Gerente de Desarrollo, eHealth Systems
Research Fellow, Escuela de Medicina de Harvard
Moderador, GHDOnline.org

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Darius Jazayeri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi David,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, David Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello community,

Why is the table name different? Should it be person_name?

David