XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Hi,
I'm running OpenMRS 1.6.2 and XForms 4.0.6 (though I've had this problem with previous versions of XForms as well).  What I find is that if I do several changes in the properties of concepts and then I hit save, and the either close the xforms or go to preview it, those changes aren't saved.  This seems to happen somewhat randomly and from what I can tell only with the changes done Properties tab of the concepts e.g. if the concept is Visible, Blocked, Required, or the default value.

Have others seen this behavior?

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Moderador, GHDOnline.org

If we keep uppermost in our minds the unkind and unjust acts of others, we shall find it impossible to love them as Christ has loved us; but if our thoughts dwell upon the wondrous love and pity of Christ for us, the same spirit will flow out to others.

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Hi Daniel,
Yes, it just happened to me in OpenMRS 1.6.2 with XForms 4.0.9.2.  I was editing the patient form and had edited the Help Text for about 6 fields, saved it and when I went back they were back to their original setting.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Hi Joaquin,

Do you have some rough steps which could help me towards trying to reproduce this?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Here's one scenario where it makes de error consistently

Add a new concept to an existing form
go into the form, refresh to see the new concept, touch the concept and enter a value for default value
hit save button

What should happen (at least it happens to me in Chrome) is that the designer, closes the concept I just placed the default value for, highlights the name of the page of the form, says form saved successfully, but when I go to the concept, the default value is not there.

Let me know if you see the same thing or I can try and find another one.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Can you reproduce the same on Firefox?

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here's one scenario where it makes de error consistently

Add a new concept to an existing form
hit save button

Let me know if you see the same thing or I can try and find another one.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Joaquín Blaya Joaquín Blaya

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Just tried it on Firefox 12.0 and same thing happens.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can you reproduce the same on Firefox?

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here's one scenario where it makes de error consistently

Add a new concept to an existing form
hit save button

Let me know if you see the same thing or I can try and find another one.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?

Daniel Kayiwa Daniel Kayiwa

Re: XForms sometimes doesn't save changes done in Form Designer

Thanks Joaquin,

Feel free to create a ticket for it and add me as a watcher.

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just tried it on Firefox 12.0 and same thing happens.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can you reproduce the same on Firefox?

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here's one scenario where it makes de error consistently

Add a new concept to an existing form
hit save button

Let me know if you see the same thing or I can try and find another one.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 6:16 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Let me install it and I will let you know shortly.

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Daniel Kayiwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Joaquin,

Does it still happen in the latest version of the module?

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Joaquín Blaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Have others seen this behavior?