XSN validation problems

John Bowers John Bowers

XSN validation problems

Sigh. okay, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.

In my last email I said that I thought I had a problem with infopath
forms only when I had created a custom concept.

Today I made a completely brand new openmrs installation on a just
installed ubuntu machine. I added the formentry module and configured
it.

I copied the Basic Form, added 3 concepts to the form: height,
temperature, and chief complaint, all of which already exist in the
sample database.

I did not remove any concepts from the schema.

Next I clicked on Rebuild XSN.

Then I downloaded the XSN and opened it in design mode in infopath.

I added a table to the infopath form with all 4 of the observations
(height, weight, temperature, chief complaint).

I saved the form and used Upload XSN to upload it.

I published the form.

I made a new patient and then clicked on my new form. When it opened
in InfoPath I got the dreaded xsi:nil is an invalid attribute
validation problem.

Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. We want to move
forward with OpenMRS. I gave a presentation to hospital administration
on Monday and they are all behind its use, but of course, it needs to
work.

John Bowers
E [hidden email]
T +256 077 930 4659

Volunteer Technology Coordinator
Kagando Hospital
Kagando Village, Uganda

Owner
espressoSoft LLC
www.espressosoft.com
Tallahassee, FL, USA

[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
Maros Cunderlik Maros Cunderlik

Re: XSN validation problems

John, can you send me (directly) your XSN and exact error message you
get? I'll take a quick look right now.

Maros

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, John Bowers
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sigh. okay, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.
> In my last email I said that I thought I had a problem with infopath forms
> only when I had created a custom concept.
> Today I made a completely brand new openmrs installation on a just installed
> ubuntu machine. I added the formentry module and configured it.
> I copied the Basic Form, added 3 concepts to the form: height, temperature,
> and chief complaint, all of which already exist in the sample database.
> I did not remove any concepts from the schema.
> Next I clicked on Rebuild XSN.
> Then I downloaded the XSN and opened it in design mode in infopath.
> I added a table to the infopath form with all 4 of the observations (height,
> weight, temperature, chief complaint).
> I saved the form and used Upload XSN to upload it.
> I published the form.
> I made a new patient and then clicked on my new form. When it opened in
> InfoPath I got the dreaded xsi:nil is an invalid attribute validation
> problem.
> Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. We want to move forward
> with OpenMRS. I gave a presentation to hospital administration on Monday and
> they are all behind its use, but of course, it needs to work.
> Thanks,
> John Bowers
> E [hidden email]
> T +256 077 930 4659
> Volunteer Technology Coordinator
> Kagando Hospital
> Kagando Village, Uganda
> Owner
> espressoSoft LLC
> www.espressosoft.com
> Tallahassee, FL, USA
> _________________________________________
> To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to
> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the  body
> (not the subject) of your e-mail.
> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]

[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
Ben Wolfe Ben Wolfe

Re: XSN validation problems

Firstly, the first rebuild of the xsn isn't needed.  But I'm guessing
that doesn't effect anything.

Just in case you're doing something slightly different, I made a
screencast today to demonstrate how to add a concept to a form.

What version of openmrs and formentry are you using?

Maros Cunderlik wrote:

> John, can you send me (directly) your XSN and exact error message you
> get? I'll take a quick look right now.
> Maros
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, John Bowers
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sigh. okay, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.
>> In my last email I said that I thought I had a problem with infopath forms
>> only when I had created a custom concept.
>> Today I made a completely brand new openmrs installation on a just installed
>> ubuntu machine. I added the formentry module and configured it.
>> I copied the Basic Form, added 3 concepts to the form: height, temperature,
>> and chief complaint, all of which already exist in the sample database.
>> I did not remove any concepts from the schema.
>> Next I clicked on Rebuild XSN.
>> Then I downloaded the XSN and opened it in design mode in infopath.
>> I added a table to the infopath form with all 4 of the observations (height,
>> weight, temperature, chief complaint).
>> I saved the form and used Upload XSN to upload it.
>> I published the form.
>> I made a new patient and then clicked on my new form. When it opened in
>> InfoPath I got the dreaded xsi:nil is an invalid attribute validation
>> problem.
>> Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. We want to move forward
>> with OpenMRS. I gave a presentation to hospital administration on Monday and
>> they are all behind its use, but of course, it needs to work.
>> Thanks,
>> John Bowers
>> E [hidden email]
>> T +256 077 930 4659
>> Volunteer Technology Coordinator
>> Kagando Hospital
>> Kagando Village, Uganda
>> Owner
>> espressoSoft LLC
>> www.espressosoft.com
>> Tallahassee, FL, USA
>> _________________________________________
>> To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to
>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the  body
>> (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
> _________________________________________
> To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-mail to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]

[mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
John Bowers John Bowers

Re: XSN validation problems

Ben,

Form entry version 3.3.4

OpenMRS 1.3.2, I extracted the WAR file from the windows installer
(I'm now running it on Ubuntu).

I will try to download the screencast, thanks. It seems pretty self
explanatory, however. I go into the design schema view, search for a
concept in the search box and then drag it to the observation branch
of the little tree structure on the left.

-John

On Nov 27, 2008, at 4:28 AM, Ben Wolfe wrote:

> Firstly, the first rebuild of the xsn isn't needed.  But I'm
> guessing that doesn't effect anything.
> Just in case you're doing something slightly different, I made a
> screencast today to demonstrate how to add a concept to a form.
> http://blip.tv/file/1512192
> What version of openmrs and formentry are you using?
> Ben
> Maros Cunderlik wrote:
>> John, can you send me (directly) your XSN and exact error message you
>> get? I'll take a quick look right now.
>> Maros
>> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:21 AM, John Bowers
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Sigh. okay, I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.
>>> In my last email I said that I thought I had a problem with
>>> infopath forms
>>> only when I had created a custom concept.
>>>
>>> Today I made a completely brand new openmrs installation on a just
>>> installed
>>> ubuntu machine. I added the formentry module and configured it.
>>> I copied the Basic Form, added 3 concepts to the form: height,
>>> temperature,
>>> and chief complaint, all of which already exist in the sample
>>> database.
>>>
>>> I did not remove any concepts from the schema.
>>>
>>> Next I clicked on Rebuild XSN.
>>>
>>> Then I downloaded the XSN and opened it in design mode in infopath.
>>> I added a table to the infopath form with all 4 of the
>>> observations (height,
>>> weight, temperature, chief complaint).
>>>
>>> I saved the form and used Upload XSN to upload it.
>>>
>>> I published the form.
>>>
>>> I made a new patient and then clicked on my new form. When it
>>> opened in
>>> InfoPath I got the dreaded xsi:nil is an invalid attribute
>>> validation
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is. We want to move
>>> forward
>>> with OpenMRS. I gave a presentation to hospital administration on
>>> Monday and
>>> they are all behind its use, but of course, it needs to work.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Tallahassee, FL, USA
>>> _________________________________________
>>> To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-
>>> mail to
>>> [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-l" in
>>> the  body
>>> (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l
>>> ]
>> _________________________________________
>> To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-
>> mail to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-
>> l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l
>> ]
> _________________________________________
> To unsubscribe from OpenMRS Implementers' mailing list, send an e-
> mail to [hidden email] with "SIGNOFF openmrs-implement-
> l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
> [mailto:[hidden email]?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-