gsoc idea filtering of forms on dashboard

Sri Harsha p Sri Harsha p

gsoc idea filtering of forms on dashboard

HI Burke, Ade , Jeremy ,
I am a Harsha gsoc 2012 aspirant from India who would like to participate in this competition. I was talking to Mr. Daniel Kayiwa the probable mentor for this project , we discussed various ideas to implement this project . In order to come up with a plan I would like to know some of your requirements in implementing this in AMPATH which would help me broaden the scope of the project and help in implementing this project.
So if you can please specify some case scenarios you would like to see in this project , i would be really glad to implement it . Till now we only discussed the the forms should be loaded keeping the patient as well as the current user in mind .
eg : when an oncologist searches for a female patient then all the forms about the mammography or forms related to cancer should show up (breast, ovarian ,endometrial , etc) whereas when he searches for male patient it should list the other category.
Your feedback would be valuable.
Thanks
James Arbaugh James Arbaugh

Re: gsoc idea filtering of forms on dashboard

Hi Sri,

You’ve got a great start on understanding what the desired project outcome is.  If you haven’t already, look at the ticket for this…

https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-2691

Or the design page for this…

https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/projects/Filtering+Forms+on+Dashboard+%28Design+Page%29

So, for example, only if the user is a member of the Blood Bank role, should he be able to fill out the blood bank form.  Taking that to the next step would be limiting the viewing or editing of those forms to users with the Blood Bank role after it’s already been entered.  See this ticket…

https://tickets.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-1640

Or there is also a module that could be updated to OpenMRS 1.9 to be able to do that.

Another example would be only users with the Lab role could see the Lab form in the form list.  Taking it the next step, only users with the Lab role could Edit pre-existing lab forms.   But, users with the Hospital Provider or Lab roles could view the previously entered form.

Thanks,

James

Jeremy Keiper-3 Jeremy Keiper-3

Re: gsoc idea filtering of forms on dashboard

Thanks, James ... yes, those links will give you a good idea of what we're looking for.  Ultimately, we want to make it easier for users to find the appropriate forms.

Jeremy Keiper
OpenMRS Core Developer
AMPATH / IU-Kenya Support

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM, James Arbaugh <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Bob Jolliffe Bob Jolliffe

Re: gsoc idea filtering of forms on dashboard

Murod did something similar, based on an earlier idea from Darius.  I
think the module is not really complete, but you can see that module
here https://github.com/hispindia/restrictencounterbyrole and maybe
cross-check for ideas.

Bob