hi

hablutzel1 hablutzel1

hi

Hi, i've been trying to install openmrs, both, downloading the source and building it with ant, with the vmplayer image, and I get always the same error:

Your implementation id is already in use, I can't figure out how to get ride of this, one more thing, what is the root password of the vmware player Ubuntu distro?? I need it to change the ip.

Thank you

--
Jaime Hablutzel

(tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

Downey, Michael J. Downey, Michael J.

Re: hi

Jaime,

Hopefully, I can answer half your question. The root password should
be 'vmplanet.net' ... try to su root with this password, then you can
change it to whatever you like. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Regards,

Michael J. Downey
Indiana University School of Informatics
[hidden email]

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, i've been trying to install openmrs, both, downloading the source and building it with ant, with the vmplayer image, and I get always the same error:
>
> Your implementation id is already in use, I can't figure out how to get ride of this, one more thing, what is the root password of the vmware player Ubuntu distro?? I need it to change the ip.
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Jaime Hablutzel
>
> (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

hablutzel1 hablutzel1

Re: hi

hi, it doesn't work, the file I downloaded is:

 OpenMRS_1.5.0.vmwarevm

and the user i'm using (simple user) is

openmrs and openmrs

About my other problem it seems that this is because I'm behind a proxy, the installation needs to connect to openmrs servers to validate the implementation id, but I think they could provide a better error message rather than:

That implementation id already exists

Regards

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, i've been trying to install openmrs, both, downloading the source and building it with ant, with the vmplayer image, and I get always the same error:
>
> Your implementation id is already in use, I can't figure out how to get ride of this, one more thing, what is the root password of the vmware player Ubuntu distro?? I need it to change the ip.
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Jaime Hablutzel
>
> (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

Jaime Hablutzel

(tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

Ben Wolfe Ben Wolfe

Re: hi

Jamie

There is a bit of info on implementation id and proxy servers on the wiki:
http://openmrs.org/wiki/Implementation_Id

There are other places in openmrs that connect to the internet (checking
for module updates being one of them).  Perhaps we should move that
proxy doc to a common documentation place?

I agree that a different error should be shown to the user.  Can you get
to your tomcat logs?  What error is getting printed there?  We should
catch whatever that error is and display a more helpful message.

Does the "openmrs/openmrs" have sudo access?  Can you just type "sudo
su" and use the "openmrs" password?

Once you figure it out (or if Yaw chimes in here), be sure to put a note
on the wiki page for the vmware image:
http://openmrs.org/wiki/OpenMRS_Appliance

Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil wrote:

> hi, it doesn't work, the file I downloaded is:
>
>  OpenMRS_1.5.0.vmwarevm
>
> and the user i'm using (simple user) is
>
> openmrs and openmrs
>
> About my other problem it seems that this is because I'm behind a
> proxy, the installation needs to connect to openmrs servers to
> validate the implementation id, but I think they could provide a
> better error message rather than:
>
> That implementation id already exists
>
> Regards
>

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Downey, Michael J.
>
>     Jaime,
>
>     Hopefully, I can answer half your question. The root password should
>     be 'vmplanet.net <http://vmplanet.net>' ... try to su root with
>     this password, then you can
>     change it to whatever you like. If that doesn't work, let me know.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Michael J. Downey
>     Indiana University School of Informatics
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>

>     On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil
>     >
>     > Hi, i've been trying to install openmrs, both, downloading the
>     source and building it with ant, with the vmplayer image, and I
>     get always the same error:
>     >
>     > Your implementation id is already in use, I can't figure out how
>     to get ride of this, one more thing, what is the root password of
>     the vmware player Ubuntu distro?? I need it to change the ip.
>     >
>     > Thank you
>     >
>     > --
>     > Jaime Hablutzel
>     >
>     > (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

>     e-mail to [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]> with "SIGNOFF
>     openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>
>     [mailto:[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
>

> --
> Jaime Hablutzel
>
> (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

hablutzel1 hablutzel1

Re: hi

Ok, 'sudo su' works but I was getting confused because I use

'su - root' to log myself

one more things I haven't see in the documentation is the fact that after installing you get your application data inside

C:/Documents and setting/user/application data/openmrs

thus, if you want to install again it is not enough with deleting the mysql database, and you get a message talking about we cannot connect to database openmrs inside tomcat logs, it took me 1 hour to figure it out that I have to delete that folder too

Should I add these things to the wiki? or they already are?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Downey, Michael J. <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

   Jaime,

   Hopefully, I can answer half your question. The root password should
   be 'vmplanet.net <http://vmplanet.net>' ... try to su root with

   this password, then you can
   change it to whatever you like. If that doesn't work, let me know.

   Regards,

   Michael J. Downey
   Indiana University School of Informatics
   [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

   On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jaime Hablutzel Egoavil

   > Hi, i've been trying to install openmrs, both, downloading the
   source and building it with ant, with the vmplayer image, and I
   get always the same error:

   > Your implementation id is already in use, I can't figure out how
   to get ride of this, one more thing, what is the root password of
   the vmware player Ubuntu distro?? I need it to change the ip.

   > Thank you
   >
   > --
   > Jaime Hablutzel
   >
   > (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

   e-mail to [hidden email]
   <mailto:[hidden email]> with "SIGNOFF

   openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.

   [mailto:[hidden email]
   <mailto:[hidden email]>?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]

--
Jaime Hablutzel

(tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

Jaime Hablutzel

(tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

Ben Wolfe Ben Wolfe

Re: hi

Isn't the image an ubuntu machine?  If the application data folder is in
"C:/..." that seems like a bug.  I think there is a runtime property to
set where that application data folder should be.  Perhaps that just
needs to be fixed in the runtime properties for the vm?

I'm cc'ing Yaw in case he doesn't subscribe to the implementers list...

These sound like good things to add to the wiki page for the appliance,
I don't see them there yet.  Can you add them?

Ben

> [...]

>         <mailto:[hidden email]>
>            <mailto:[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>> with "SIGNOFF
>
>            openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your
>         e-mail.
>
>            [mailto:[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>
>            <mailto:[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
>

>         --
>         Jaime Hablutzel
>
>         (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369
>     e-mail to [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]> with "SIGNOFF
>     openmrs-implement-l" in the  body (not the subject) of your e-mail.
>
>     [mailto:[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>?body=SIGNOFF%20openmrs-implement-l]
>

> --
> Jaime Hablutzel
>
> (tildes omitidas intencionalmente) 9 8964 0369

hablutzel1 hablutzel1

Re: hi

I guess I failed to make understand, this about the application folder was when I was building the war using ant in windows XP.
However, now it is working well.
thanks