problem with the database backup module

Santhosh Vairavan Santhosh Vairavan

problem with the database backup module

Hi I installed the database backup module and use it as a backup.  I was wondering if anyone had a problem with restoring the backup file back to the new database.  I have found two problems with the module.  After dropping the database and creating it again the database creation is not ended with a semicolon.  The second one is that escape characters are not properly escaped so when inserting data into the database we get syntax errors.  PLease let me know if anyone else is having these issues. Thank you.
Mathias Lin Mathias Lin

Re: problem with the database backup module

Hi Santhosh,

I will take a look into it once I have my laptop with OpenMRS running
again, currently having some hardware issues.

> The second one is that escape characters are not properly escaped so when inserting data into the database we get syntax errors.

Do you have a sample line for that.
Thanks

- Mathias

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Santhosh Vairavan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi I installed the database backup module and use it as a backup.  I was wondering if anyone had a problem with restoring the backup file back to the new database.  I have found two problems with the module.  After dropping the database and creating it again the database creation is not ended with a semicolon.  The second one is that escape characters are not properly escaped so when inserting data into the database we get syntax errors.  PLease let me know if anyone else is having these issues. Thank you.

Mathias LIN
Meta Healthcare Systems Ltd.
20/F Central Tower, 28 Queen's Rd Central, Hong Kong
T +852 8199 9605, M +86 159 0208 1701, Skype: mathias.lin
http://www.metahealthcare.com
Mathias Lin Mathias Lin