reports research

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

reports research

Good Day,

I have been looking at the reports section of OpenMRS. Is it true that reports can only be generated based on data held in the local system? OR is there a method to agregate reports from data held in geographicaly distrubuted OpenMRS systems?

Is it possible for a clinician to access the patent records of other clinicians to view the current patient medical history? (ie an oncologist view a GP record for the same patient)

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

Rajib Sengupta Rajib Sengupta

Re: reports research

Ashley,

What you are looking for is a true PHR (personal health record system) that integrates multiple OpenMRS

There may be several ways to do this which will require development -
We are also having the same requirement. So, currently to move forward from an implementation perspective, with minimal development resource, it seems the best way to do this is, to use the same concept dictionary among these multiple openMRS system. That means, the same concept id is used for a Patient Blodd Pressure among all the openmrs instance.

Obviously you cannot do that if you already have multiple openmrs installed - for us, as we are inmplementing in a clean slate environment , it is possible.

Thanks,
Rajib

Andrew Kanter Andrew Kanter

Re: reports research

Ashley,

There is a project to create an enterprise data warehouse using the open source Pentaho toolset. We at MVP are building one which will link together our 12 MVP OpenMRS implementations. We are only at the initial stages of having set up a single implementation and then will hopefully be adding the rest of the sites by the end of April. I think you can find more information by searching for Pentaho on the OpenMRS.org site.

Andy

--------------------
Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH

- Director of Health Information Systems/Medical Informatics
Millennium Villages Project, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
Columbia University

Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +1 (646) 469-2421
Office: +1 (212) 305-4842
Skype: akanter-ippnw

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Re: reports research

Rajib,

Thank-you.

As I have 25 developers, maybe we can work together on this?

I have very specific requirements. Want to discuss off list?

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Re: reports research

Andy,

Thanks will do.

Kindest Regards,

Ashley

Andrew Kanter Andrew Kanter

Re: reports research

Ashley,

25 developers? Wow! Perhaps you should discuss this onlist... Have you looked at the CIEL/MVP concept dictionary in 1.9?

Andy

--------------------
Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH

- Director of Health Information Systems/Medical Informatics
Millennium Villages Project, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
Columbia University

Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +1 (646) 469-2421
Office: +1 (212) 305-4842
Skype: akanter-ippnw

Ashley Maher Ashley Maher

Re: reports research

G'day Andy,

Actually I have two requirements which both of you replied to the first only.

Sounds like I need to stick my head into 1.9.

Let me post to the dev list and then come back here.

Mind me sending you off list my specific requirements, later I am happy to go back on list. After all this work will be released under the openmrs licence.

Rajib Sengupta Rajib Sengupta

Re: reports research

Ashley,
Are you talking about this second question?

"Is it possible for a clinician to access the patent records of other clinicians to view the current patient medical history? (ie an oncologist view a GP record for the same patient)"

In the same openmrs instance, it is surely possible to do that. Infact, in openmrs that is the default security set-up.

If it is across multiple openmrs instance, then you are back to your first question - a patient's true aggregated personal health record .

Thanks,
Rajib